- You need to know your Family Code, which will be in your registration email and reminders sent in early July.
FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Your church/society’s banner
- Peek! prizes in a paper or reusable bag (what’s Peek!?)
- Sheets & pillow cases: Extra-long sized twin sheets (full-sized work with some extra tucking.) (included in linen package if ordered)
- Pillows and blanket (included in linen package if ordered)
- Bath towels & hand towels (included in linen package if ordered)
- Mattress pad or folded blanket folded over for comfort
- Bath mat
- Hand soap/sanitizer for your own restroom
- Bug spray if you plan to be outdoors in the evenings (youth vespers is always outdoors at night if it’s not raining)
- Alarm clock
- Reading light/nightlight/clip-on light, etc.
- Extension cord/power strip, charging cables
- Travel coffee mug and/or refillable water bottle with name
- Snacks or drinks for evenings and between meals
- Cooler/ice-There is only one fridge per dorm (we have only 2 dorms), not per floor. We need to be mindful of space for those who have opted to eat breakfast in the dorm or those with wee ones. There is not a ton of fridge space. Please have items labeled. You are able to bring a small personal fridge.
- Phone, speakers, tablet, chargers
- Trash can or a bag to use for trash
- Antibacterial wipes/paper towels/facial tissue/toilet paper (some will be provided, but…)
- Laundry detergent, as it is free to do laundry at PennWest
- All rooms are air conditioned, but a fan for white noise/air flow is nice for many
- Casual, comfortable clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Swimsuits & towels. Children 6 and under MUST have some sort of floatation device to swim (floaties, life jacket). There are life jackets available at the pool to borrow at no charge.
- Rain gear/umbrella
- Masks (see COVID Protocols)
MONEY AND/OR CREDIT CARDS FOR
- Pub (NO BYOB AT PUB!)
- CERSI bookstore
- PennWest bookstore
- Workshops requiring donations (it would be mentioned in the description)
- Scholarship activities/donations
Note: There are ATMs available on campus
- Note-taking supplies/stationery/envelopes/stamps
- Lawn/camp chairs
- Scooters/helmets – Penn West is scooter friendly.
- Bikes/bike locks/scooters/helmets (MANDATORY FOR EVERYONE!) Lock it up! Best not to tempt fate
- Frisbees/basketball/softball & glove/tennis balls and racquets/other sports equipment
- Sewing/knitting/crafts, games/puzzles/kids’ toys
- Musical instruments/music for small ensembles
- Reading material
- Lightweight bag or daypack/backpack to carry water bottle, book, etc.
- Drums for afternoon/evening drumming circle
- Hammock if you want to “hang” out at the hammock village (posts available)
FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
- Extra clothes/snacks
- Outdoor toys, bikes with locks and helmets
- Baby tub (only showers available)
- Highchair or booster seat
- Nightlight with extension cord-this is probably a good idea for everyone!
- Room monitor
- Cots, air mattress, pillow and/or sleeping bags for children sleeping on the floor
- Don’t forget the special stuffy/jams/special blankie!